Saturday, February 7, 2009

Modeling audition

I hardly ever answer my phone from a phone number I don't know but sometimes do. For some reason I did answer this one, who I didn't know who it was. The phone call was from the John Casablanca Modeling and Career Center. This is an agency that I've heard of before. I was told that I was reffered to the John Casablanca Modeling Agency. Hmm, how did that happen and from who?! I was invited for an audition to the agency. I had to wear a dress or slacks, etc. and no flip-flops or sneakers, etc. I decided to go to the audition and see what it was all about and find out if I'd get accepted. I knew about this agency because Virgie signed Dacia and I up for it, years ago, lets say like 14 or so. Knowing the shy Rachael, I wanted to have nothing to do with it. The time period right before my accident, I had the thought to try and get into the modeling industry. One of my dad's friend's wife has her own agency in L.A. so I was thinking to head on over that way to try it out. Well, something of course got in the way of that but I have been thinking, lately, to maybe try it out and try to get set up with modeling. I'm thinking to maybe get into some sort of modeling for the fun of it so why not try it out!? What I had to do for the audition was walk up the run way and pose 5 times, along with this commercial saying:

"WOW! SNACK WELLS FUDGE BROWNIES HAVE ONLY 2 GRAMS OF FAT! IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE! THEY'RE SO RICH YOU'D SWEAR THEY WERE RIGHT FROM THE BAKERY. NEW SNACK WELLS BROWNIES AND SNACK BARS...OUT WITH THE FAT, IN THE TASTE!

I got the wording right and struck my 5 posses. Who knows if it will bring anything my way but what's it gonna hurt for trying? Not much!!! I hope to get a call back, from the agency, to know they are interested in me. If I don't get a call back I will have NO hurt feelings but I can at least say that I tried.
When you go to agencies, you're supposed to bring a photo of yourself, for them to have and remember you. I was looking through my pictures and decided on this one, along with others, because it is an up close face shot. This is the one they decided to take and keep.

No comments: